Here we are, Tanya and Tanya ready to run the 10K Camp Pendleton Mud Run!Heading to the starting line....At the starting line with 2 other multiple moms. (Between us 2 sets of triplets and 3 sets of twins)And we're off! Look behind the blue shirt and you'll see Tanya in black waving and posing .....I'm the short thing in the pink shirt behind her.Approaching the finish line and our final obstacle - the MUD CRAWL! See us posing, I have my arm out!The mud crawl, this actually felt good. Nice and cool and off our feet! I am under the red flag under the N of the blue and white sign, you'll see my beige hat - Tanya is in black under the T ~ look close. Finished - time: 1 hour and 33 minutes!!!
Cooling off by the map of our race course.
The course - all 6 1/2 miles of it! What you don't see is the lake we crossed. it took about 5 minutes to cross it and it was so deep I couldn't reach! I could make my tippy toes touch if I pointed them. The walls I scaled all on my own (OK, I let the cute Marine help me with the first one, I stepped into his hand) but the 2nd was all on my own. Suicide hill had nothing to do with suicide .... I'd call it flat out MURDER!!! That must have been about 45 minutes to an hour of the race right there! And Slippery Hill is an understatement. It was a steep hill slicker than snot. If you had the good fortune of not slipping someone in front of you would slip and almost take you down. It was definitely a team effort of everyone catching each other and making it up the muddy hill.
After my incredibly saavy mentor, Tanya - AKA - The Dairy Wife, I have decided to start a blog of my own. This one ..... I am free to do my Tanya Ramblings!
2 comments:
That is so awesome!!! What an accomplishment! Looks like you had a great day!
Sheri
Congrats on doing it Tanya! Quite the accomplishment, especially for not even training!
Post a Comment